So, you've heard of these things called "Hair Forks," and love all the beautiful hairstyles that you can do with them, like Top Knot Buns, Low Buns, French Twists, Half-Up half-Down Twists and more, but you have no idea how they work. So, how do you use a hair fork, anyway?
Can a hair fork really hold up all your hair? How does it does it even do that?
In this post, I'll show you step-by-step how to use a hair fork with both a video tutorial and a photo tutorial, so you will be able to easily do your own beautiful hair fork updos that stay securely and comfortably all day!
How to Use a Hair Fork:
1. Create your bun or twist
2. Insert the prongs of the hair fork into the side of the bun or into the roll of the twist, with the bend of the fork opposite the bend of your head
3. Push the prongs of the hair fork through part-way, then turn, grabbing hair beside the bun or twist
4. Slide the fork along the scalp, with the bend of the hair fork now the same as the head.
And there you have it, a beautiful hair fork hairstyle!
How to Use a Hair Fork Step-by-Step, with Pictures
Here is how to use a hair fork at a glance, for those of you who like to learn by seeing pictures! The graphic below shows how to use a hair fork, step-by-step.
I love this colorful acrylic u pin in this gorgeous "Tails-Up" Sisterlocs hairstyle. This hair fork pin called "Emmy," comes in 12 different colors, and is made by Lilla Rose.
Hair Fork Video Tutorial
For those of you who learn better through video, here is a video tutorial where I demonstrate exactly how to use a hair fork for four different easy hairstyles.
The hair fork I am using in this video is called "Lilly," an acrylic hair fork from Lilla Rose (also known as an acrylic U-Pin), which is versatile and lightweight, which makes it great for both fine thin hair as well as thick hair.
How to Wear a Hair Fork
(Many more Hair Fork styles and types of hair forks!)
Of course, hair forks are made in different shapes and in a variety of different materials from wood to to acrylic to metal.
Which ones are the best hair forks? Which hair forks are best for thin hair? Which are best for thick hair?
If you'd like to see my full post on all of the different types of hair forks, as well as how to wear a hair fork in many other beautiful styles, click here: Best Hair Forks for Gorgeous Hair Fork Hairstyles that are Oh-so-Easy to Do!
Tips for using hair forks
1. Make sure your bun or twist is tight; not loose
2. Sometimes slightly damp hair helps with hold
3. Make sure you are grabbing a good chunk of the side of the bun/twist before turning the hair fork and going along the scalp
4. Make sure the prongs of the hair fork are going along the scalp
5. It helps to make sure the prongs go OUT the other side of the bun/twist to have a more secure hold (rather than just staying along your scalp)
Where to Buy Hair Forks
Love these gorgeous acrylic hair forks and hairstyles you can easily do with them? Try one for yourself and see how fun, easy, and beautiful hair fork pins can be! Click the button below to shop for these and many more lovely Hair Fork Styles!
Thanks so much for visiting, and hope you enjoyed learning how to use a hair fork, and are now excited to try your own easy hair fork hairstyle!
Please let me know if you have any questions whatsoever...I am here to help you!